What is real truth?
…Your word is truth. —John 17:17
Every word of God proves true; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him. —Proverbs 30:5
It’s found in the Word of God! God’s Word is how He has chosen to reveal himself to us in a very real, tangible way that will transform our every day lives.
John 1:1 tells us that Jesus is the Word. And His Word has been given so that we might know Him better and understand His ways and desires for our lives.
What does God’s Word do in us?
It renews us. It refines us. It restores us. It refocuses our mind’s attention and our heart’s affection.
- His Word is living and active. Hebrews 4:12 – living and active, divides soul and spirit, joint and marrow and judges the thoughts and intentions of our hearts. It’s real!
- His Word cleanses and renews. John 17:17
- His Word is good and for my good. Proverbs 16:20, 1 Peter 1:25
- His Word guides and directs. Psalm 25:5, John 16:13
- His Word stands firm (does not wither or fade). Isaiah 40:8
- His Word is eternal. I Peter 1:25
- His Word is imperishable (living and abiding). 1 Peter 1:23
- His Word encourages and comforts. Romans 15:4
- His Word is trustworthy and faithful. Psalm 111:7
- His Word teaches, rebukes, corrects and trains in righteousness so that we are thoroughly equipped for every good work! 2 Timothy 3:16-17
- His Word changes my daily life. Psalm 86:11
So often in life we get stuck. Stuck in our comfort zones. Stuck in our routines. Stuck in a rough place. Stuck in our hard places. Hebrews 4:14-16 has a word of encouragement for us regarding this and how we can live REAL! …continue reading